2013 UnCaged Toy Piano CALL FOR SCORES: Music for Toy Piano + Unconventional Instrument
The 2013 UnCaged Toy Piano call-for-scores is seeking new works using the toy piano alongside of an unconventional instrument (to be defined by the composer.) The standard toy piano is three octaves, ranging from F3-F6.
Here are the rules for this year’s competition:
1. Score must be playable by a solo performer
2. Piece can be of any length/duration
3. The work must use the toy piano and an unconventional instrument
Do you have a new idea for a piece for toy piano and unconventional instrument? Or do you have something laying around that you think fits this category? If so, we want to hear from you. We encourage musicians from all walks of life to send something in!
For this year’s submission process, you may either a) submit a pre-existing work or b) a proposal of a piece for toy piano and unconventional instrument.
If you choose to submit a pre-existing work, please send in:
1. Score of one pre-existing work representative of your style
2. A short audio sample of the unconventional instrument being used
3. Short composer bio
4. Any additional program notes
If you choose to submit a proposal of a new work, please send in:
1. Score that is representative of your style
2. A proposal of the new work
3. A short audio sample of the unconventional instrument being used
Please submit all materials via email to chenphyllis at yahoo.com
Questions? Feel free to email me.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JULY 15, 2013
A small honorarium of $400 will be given to one composition this year. Appropriate works will be selected to be performed by artists at the 2013 UnCaged Toy Piano Festival, scheduled to take place in New York City in 2013. More details on the festival to come soon!